Who is this for? Industry professionals, researchers and graduate students.
Learn how to use data to make wise, actionable data driven decisions! The future is Big Data, and the critical value and demand for Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and Data Engineers is clear, as demonstrated by the number of job postings and three-figure compensations.
How is it structured? Qualcomm Institute’s series of day camps provide participants with practical, hands-on learning experiences, including:
- The latest innovations for analyzing data and delivering value
- How to conquer technical Big Data obstacles
- Introduction to Big Data platforms and best practices
- How to select the most appropriate Big Data technology
- Essential skills to design, build, test and evaluate data analytics approaches
- Ways to advance analytics and interpret the results
- Resources, skills, and strategy for your next Big Data project
REAL-TIME IOT (MARCH 20-21)
REAL-TIME IOT (MARCH 20-21)
It is hard to imagine life without your Smartphone – you have come to rely on it so much – for your work; to stay in touch with family and friends; to capture and share those special moments; to find your way around in a new neighborhood. Did you ever wonder how and when all this happened? Or how and when GPS sensors came to be in your cell phone?
The Real-Time IoT workshop covers the development of Internet of Things (IoT) products and services—including devices for sensing, actuation, processing, and communication—to help you develop skills and experiences you can employ in designing novel systems. The workshop has theory and lab sections. In the lab sections you will learn hands-on IoT concepts such as sensing, actuation and communication. This workshop also includes an introduction to Big Data, Machine Learning, and IoT Data Analysis. In the final Capstone Project, you’ll apply the skills you learned on a project of your choice.
Only 20 seats available. Early Bird Registration for Industry Professionals is at $850. Price goes up to $950 after February 28th.
8:30AM – Welcome and Introduction
9:00AM – Internet of Things: How did we get here?
10:00AM – Building a Hardware and Software Development Environment for IoT
12:00PM – Lunch Break
1:00PM – Setting up and Using Cloud Services for IoT
4:30PM – End of Day 1
8:30AM – Data Modeling in the Age of Big Data and IoT
9:30AM – Intro to Big Data
10:30AM – Basic Machine Learning Concepts and Methods
11:15AM – Learning for IoT Data Analysis
12:00PM – Lunch
1:00PM – Qualcomm Institute Tour
1:45PM – Hands-on Project: Small Group Team work on Case Study and Discussion
4:00PM – Final Discussion, Overview, and Conclusion
4:30PM – Workshop ends
- Space is limited to 20 attendees for each camp.
- Industry Registration for each day camp is $950 (Early Bird rate is $850)
- Academic Registration
- Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs qualify for an educational rate of $500
- Students qualify for a rate of $350
- Reserved parking is available, but limited, and will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.